We offer our members four types of classes.
Our WOD is our core program what will give you the results you are looking for if you commit yourself to it. Every class will follow the structure below and takes 1 hour max. In these WOD’s (Workout Of the Day) there are “prescribed” exercises (also called RX), which are what an experienced CrossFitter would do, as well as scaling suggestions for those who have less experience or strength. In addition, if you have specific minor injuries or mobility concerns we scale the movements for your personal needs, so that you are able to get a safe and effective workout every time you come into CrossFit Leiden.
What can you expect?
1. A 5-10 minute warm-up with both individual and group elements to improve the specific mobility necessary for the Strength/Skills and Conditioning segments.
2. A Strength portion or Skills practice, depending on the day. In this section you will either work on improving strength and form in Olympic lifting or other associated exercises, or focus on Gymnastics skills to improve flexibility, core strength and body control.
3. After that will be the Conditioning segment, also known (famously) as the Workout of the Day (WOD). The WOD will typically take about 5-30 minutes and will focus on anaerobic conditioning paired with functional movements at high intensity. This is what made CrossFit famous and what most non-CrossFitters are familiar with.
We cap the classes at a maximum of 12 people, to make sure everyone gets the proper personalized attention from a trainer. These classes are a lot of fun! You’ll be working out with friends, pushing each other and getting motivated by some great music.
*Depending on your goals we suggest attending WOD’s classes 2-3 times a week, if you want to train more, we recommend doing Oly Classes, Gymnastics or Open Gyms.
OLYMPIC LIFTING (OLY)
The snatch and clean and jerk are a huge part of the CrossFit program. Weightlifting develops strength, flexibility, power, speed, coordination, agility, balance and accuracy. Because the lifts have such dramatic effects on so many aspects of fitness it’s no coincidence that the 8 attributes listed above are all found on CrossFit’s list of 10 fitness domains. And when you add in the task of completing a larger number of reps with these movements at lower weights, you have a very uncomfortable yet very effective method of developing cardiovascular/respiratory endurance and stamina, completing the CrossFit list.
What can you expect?
1. A 5-10 minute warm-up with both individual and group elements to improve the specific mobility necessary for the lifts.
2. Learn good technique and movement with practice for heavier loads.
3. Help address errors commonly seen in new lifters and alternative techniques to help more experienced lifters find what works best for them.
Rather than immediately progressing to jumping, sprinting, and lifting there is a smarter path. This begins with body weight control in gymnastics, done both for strength and also to build some endurance. Our gymnastic class is a special class to teach you all sorts of body weight exercise and help you to increase your mobility and flexibility.
If you’re looking to master you handstand, muscle up, want to improve your hamstring and shoulder mobility, this is the class the follow!
Every week we have another program to teach you new skills and stretches.
What can you expect?
1. A 5-10 minute warm-up with both individual and group elements to improve the specific mobility necessary for the skills.
2. Learn good technique and movements.
3. Have fun
On our schedule, you’ll notice there are “Open Gym” times scheduled periodically throughout the week. This is a time for members to come in, practice certain movements and skills, or just hang out.
Open Gym times are sometimes planned at the same time as the WOD.
Please be considerate of all others using the box during Open Gym.
There is a coach during these times that will be happy to give pointers, tips, tricks, support, encouragement.